17 Best (Top) Assisted Living Facilities and Homes in Tucson, Arizona
(all information was obtained from the company’s website)
- Total Care Connections – Arizona’s #1 Home Care and Assisted Living placement provider. At Total Care Connections, we provide a FREE service to families who are looking for an assisted living facility or home. We are paid for this by the actual assisted living facility and we function very similarly to a real estate agent. We represent you and will work to narrow down the hundreds of assisted living options in Arizona down to the few that will fit your love one’s care needs, geographical preference, and budget. We then set up tours with these facilities so that you can determine the best option. Lastly, we will help negotiate the best price and coordinate all of the details related to moving in. The list below are many of the assisted living homes and facilities we have worked with over the years. Give us a call today at 480-387-1927 and we can talk about your unique situation and how we can help!
- Fidelity Care Home – Opened in 2001, Fidelity Adult Care Inc., facilities are Assisted Living Care Homes for the Elderly in Tucson, Arizona. They offer special care for your loved one who cannot function independently. They are a private residence licensed under the Arizona Department of Health Services to provide Supervisory, Personal, and Directed care. Fidelity Adult Care offers luxury assisted living services, for your relatives who may need help with activities of daily living. Their facilities have spacious bedrooms, which are warm and “Homey.” All homes offer 3,000 to 4,000 square feet, each located on 1 acre of desert-landscape with park-like setting back yards, and big covered patios, which includes a circular sidewalk for exercise and gated fishponds with waterfalls or swimming pool. Fidelity provides home cooked meals, snacks, and special diets which are included along with, laundry and housekeeping services, as well as assistance with the activities of daily living. Their handpicked caregivers are licensed and certified professionals who have all passed E-verification and DPS background checks and have current fingerprint clearance cards. Owner’s Roger and Liz Rascon-Raymond have extensive health care organization and management experience. Liz is a Registered Nurse, with a Care Home Managers license and is a board sitting member of the Pima Community College Direct Care Professional Programs Advisory Committee. Liz provides compassionate nursing care, service plans, medication set up, daily assessments, and vitals. We provide all the comforts of home plus the compassion, safety, and relaxation your loved one deserves in a home-like setting. Services include three levels of care.
- Catalina Springs Memory Care – Catalina Springs is a part of Frontier Management.
Catalina Springs Memory Care includes a specially designed neighborhood to serve the special needs of individuals living with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, and other forms of memory loss. Every day Catalina makes it a goal to go above and beyond to enrich the lives of our residents. With their Life Enrichment program, a Montessori-inspired philosophy for care, they create a specialized, life-enriching environment that affords individuals maximum self-expression. The staff is committed to delivering a quality of care that meets the resident’s physical, social, spiritual, and emotional needs.Catalina’s comprehensive services may include: Medication assistance and management, Regular assessment and service planning, bathing, dressing, grooming, and other self-image enhancements, mobility, escorts and reminders, dining and social or activities assistance, care coordination and other health care management assistance. They may also include engaging and Montessori-Inspired Methods in the Life enrichment programming, spacious private with a private bathroom or private with shared bathroom apartments. Many communities offer care for special budget concerns, including state-assistance programs for assisted living and memory care.
- Atria Senior Living – Nestled in the foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountains is Atria Campana del Rio, a welcoming community that offers assisted living in Tucson, Arizona. Designed for older adults who want to make the most of retirement living, Atria Senior Living provides the services, amenities, and support that to make it possible.At Atria Senior Living, chef-prepared meals, engaging events, and housekeeping are part of everyday life. And with discreet care available 24/7, you can join a shopping excursion with your neighbors, meet a friend for yoga or relax in your apartment knowing their friendly staff is there whenever you need them.Assisted living* communities offer personal care for older people who need assistance with activities of daily living. Services can vary from community to community due to state licensing and regulation requirements, but assisted living services typically include: Medication assistance, Personal grooming assistance, such as bathing and getting dressed, Escorts to and from meals and events, Accommodations for no-salt added and no-concentrated sweet diets, Scheduling and follow-up with physician appointments and coordination of ancillary care services, such as occupational and physical therapy, and Incontinence management.A select number of Atria’s assisted living communities also offer services that include diabetes management, nebulizer and oxygen management, and catheter and ostomy care. Atria’s care staff will meet with you to determine specific care needs. If they aren’t the best fit, they will help you find a place that is.
For individuals who want to see if assisted living is the right fit, short-term stays are available. Guests enjoy private, fully furnished apartments with all the same services and amenities as residents.
- Villas at La Canada – The Villas at La Canada Assisted Living and Memory Care Neighborhood offers affordable, exceptional care in a unique residential setting conveniently located in northwest Tucson.They provide all levels of assisted living care (supervisory, personal, and directed), as well as all types of memory care, including Alzheimer’s and Dementia. Our Cornerstone Homes which are adjacent to our Assisted Living Neighborhood are dedicated to individuals with specialized needs relating to behavioral and dementia care. Villas at La Canada also offers short term/temporary care, otherwise known as respite. Residents in need of hospice can move into The Villas and receive hospice care in their homes.Villas provides two caregivers for no more than 10 residents (1:5 ratio) from 7am – 7pm, and two caregivers for no more than 20 residents (1:10 ratio with an auxiliary caregiver) from 7pm – 7am in each beautifully furnished, 6300 square foot home. Their residents live in a secure and loving environment that includes their own 325 square foot private suite. Once your loved one becomes a resident at The Villas at La Canada, you can rest assured they will be able to age in place gracefully and remain here at home.
They offer all the amenities and services of a large organization without being an institution. This agency challenges you to find an assisted living and memory care home or facility that provides you with this combination of care, service, setting and amenities at a more affordable price.
- Desert Dreams Adult Care Home – Desert Dreams Adult Care Home is a family oriented, safe and comfortable home for residents requiring all levels of care, including Alzheimer’s, Dementia, Diabetes, Wound Care and in-home Hospice services. The owners, Susan and Jose Topete, have years of personal caregiving experience and are proud of the reputation of fine assisted living care they offer.The following indicates the services offered: Onsite 24/7 certified caregivers, Medication management, Three home-cooked meals daily, snacks always available on request, Staff offer frequent personal hygiene care to each resident, Alzheimer’s/Dementia care, Diabetes care, special diets as prescribed by a physician, Onsite Hospice services as prescribed by a physician, Daily activities offered by staff, Onsite activity director weekly who provides special exercises and activities, such as chair yoga, Onsite musician who visits twice monthly for singalongs, Games, puzzles, music available at all times, Movies, Holiday and birthday parties, and Families encouraged to participate with residents.
- Elmcroft – This senior living home has been part of the friendly River Centre community since 1999. With its relaxing, home-like environment, personalized activities and amenities, all-inclusive rates and staff who treat residents like family, Elmcroft of River Centre offers a lifestyle of comfort and convenience. And, all maintenance and housekeeping are included, so days are spent enjoying life, not doing chores.One of the many things Elmcroft residents compliment them on is their staff. From tenured management and specially trained caregivers to professional support personnel, the people who work at this agency really cares. Their compassionate caregivers are dedicated to residents’ happiness, well-being and peace of mind and each resident is treated like family, with dignity and respect.Elmcroft of River Centre offers personal care assistance to seniors who need help managing daily tasks – from dressing and bathing to medication management and more.
As an all-inclusive community, there are no surprises on a resident’s monthly senior living bill from Elmcroft. You can budget the same amount every month for exactly what your loved one needs to continue enjoying life without worry!
- Fairmount Assisted Living – Fairmount Assisted Living and Memory Care, LLC is a locally owned and beautifully renovated assisted living community featuring both private and semi-private rooms, lots of natural light and open spaces, a large enclosed courtyard, along with a uniquely designed integrative approach providing personalized care for our seniors. There are three levels of care offered: supervisory, personal, and directed. In addition, they offer daily services, complementary services (at an additional charge), health and well-being programs, and person-centered activities.
- Via Elegante Assisted Living – With numerous caregivers, an RN on site, designated medication technicians and just ten residents per house, they’re able to give personalized attention and spend quality one-on-one time with our residents. They know your favorite meals and snacks and serve them when and where you choose. This agency recognizes your needs and preferences and delivers customized care. That’s one more reason they are unlike many other assisted living or memory care community. Via Elegante offers the following services: culinary and dining, housekeeping and maintenance, personal care and assistance with activities of daily living, home safety features, and health programs.They integrate assisted living and memory care in all three of our secure homes. This company has found that many people with mild to moderate dementia thrive in a community with residents of varying cognitive and physical needs. By offering a beautiful home-like environment with consistent and familiar caregivers, they can provide a warmer, more comfortable atmosphere than many of the large institutional “Alzheimer’s/Memory Care” facilities.
- Five Star Senior Living – The Forum in Tucson, AZ, is a full-service senior living community offering assisted and independent living apartments, Five Star’s award-winning Bridge to Rediscovery Alzheimer’s care program for memory care patients with dementia, rehabilitation and respite/short stays for seniors with specialized needs. Our resort-style community features a full slate of exciting activities, a 24-hour staff, and all the comforts and conveniences you could want.Their senior independent and assisted living services include restaurant-style dining, exercise classes, shopping outings, in-house doctor visits, and regular wellness checks, games and other recreational activities, housekeeping, and laundry. Comfort is assured with their many amenities, including wireless Internet, in-house salon, billiards room, and library.Montessori-Based Dementia Programming – Montessori-Based Dementia Programming (MBDP) was developed by Dr. Cameron Camp; Five Star has four credentialed trainers in MBDP, and our train-the-trainer program ensures that staff at all our communities offering memory care services are adept in the methodology.
This agency has something for everyone, accommodating couples, retired military, independent residents, and those who may need extra assistance or transportation to nearby medical facilities. Many of their communities offer pet-friendly options including permitting multiple pets, large breed dogs, and more.
- Pacifica Senior Living – Pacifica Senior Living Tucson offers a home-style living for you or your loved one. Dementia and memory care staff at Pacifica Senior Living Tucson is trained and certified in Alzheimer’s care to provide needed services in a supportive environment. This company provides a comprehensive approach to caring for each resident by integrating behavioral management and nursing assistance. They specialize in managing and supporting a wide range of abilities and behaviors to ensure the safety and comfort of all their residents, not to mention the peace of mind of their loved ones.Pacifica Senior Living Tucson offers a wide range of activities to meet their residents’ needs. Some of their activities include crafts, gardening, movies, live music, Music and Memory programs, card games, board games, outings, and strolls in our secured courtyard. Pacifica’s programming is designed to enhance cognitive, social, and physical stimulation for continued health and enrichment.This 2019 Best of Senior Living award-winning community has a range of services and amenities to assist in the care and comfort of our senior residents with memory care needs. Pacifica Senior Living Tucson apartments are all furnished with hard floors and full housekeeping and laundry services. The community is entirely wheelchair accessible and has handrails and natural cues for resident safety.Pets are also welcomed; although, there are breed restrictions and weight maximums.
- Enlivant – Foothills Place is a pet-friendly senior living community in Tucson, AZ, where residents are provided with quality care and assistance with their daily routine when needed while promoting independence as long as possible. This company develops individual care plans to meet the needs of each resident, and a full-time licensed nurse is available 24 hours a day to provide clinical oversight and coordination of care. To provide their residents, the opportunity to thrive in body and mind, Enlivant design engaging excursions and activities tailored to keeping everyone young at heart. Be it Pokeno, Bingo, Bridge Club, or classic movies, there are various activities to connect you with friends. Enlivant’s senior community offers Alzheimer’s and dementia care in addition to our assisted living accommodations, so you can have greater peace of mind that your loved one will receive supportive memory care on-site if the need arises.Care types: assisted living, memory care, respite care, short-term stay, and urgent placement.Amenities include activities and recreation, convenience (housekeeping, etc.), salon services (an additional charge), apartment features – comfort and style, convenience, added safety (sprinkler system, smoke detector, illuminated entryways), and transportation.
- Hacienda River – The Hacienda at the River heralds a new era in senior care. A 7.5-acre senior living community and rehabilitation center in the Catalina Foothills of Tucson, The Hacienda is a unique community for individuals seeking exceptional Assisted Living, Memory Care, Skilled Nursing, Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing and Hospice Care.Dedicated to vibrant longevity and visionary healing science, Tucson’s new award-winning Assisted Living community, with Memory Care and Long Term Skilled Nursing, fuses landmark integrative therapies and leading edge applied research with the warm desert beauty and hospitality of the Southwest.Caregiving associates called Nayas provide the supportive care needed to optimize each resident’s comfort and wellness.
Each resident’s comfortable and rich daily routine has opportunities to participate in a full and varied offering of enriching programming, including on-site equine and horticultural therapeutic programming, based at our stables and gardens. Aquatic therapy, along with therapies such as massage, guided meditation and yoga, are also available on-site, at one of two rehab centers in The Springs. Outings to some of Tucson’s favorite cultural and entertainment destinations can also be part of the day.
The word Naya, which is what they call our caregivers, comes from the Sanskrit language and means a guide, person of wisdom, or leader. In the Hacienda setting, because Nayas spend the day with residents, they notice the nuances of daily routine that support restorative health. They also notice the small and early signs of concern that might otherwise go unseen. Nayas receive hands-on educational training. Other programs have been developed in concert with the University of Arizona to broaden the experience of the dedicated Hacienda staff members.
- La Cholla Watermark Communities – The Fountains at La Cholla is a retirement community in Tucson, Arizona offering Independent Living, Assisted Livingand Memory Care. This beautiful senior campus in Northwest Tucson is conveniently located near shopping, dining, entertainment, and healthcare – Northwest Hospital is less than a mile away.Within this stunning setting, this agency offers exceptional cuisine, fun events, exciting classes, and unsurpassed customized care. Choose from spacious studio apartments to two-bedroom Casitas, wonderfully appointed with full modern kitchens, large living rooms, and bathroomsResidents of The Fountains at La Cholla enjoy services and amenities that include a dynamic calendar of classes, activities, and outings including Watermark University, a full-service beauty salon and barber shop, clubhouse and pool for entertaining, computer center, fitness center, as well as guest accommodations.
- Cascades Tucson – Cascades of Tucson is a highly recommended senior lifestyle community well known throughout Tucson as the place for seniors to flourish. Ranging from Independent Living to Assisted Living and Memory Support, you’ll also enjoy the convenience of carefully selected amenities and services.With affordable living and care options, Cascades balances the needs you may have today with whatever the future may bring. No matter your stage of life, we surround you with comfort, style, social opportunities, superb dining, a rich variety of activities, and more.Learn more about the lifestyle options Cascades Tucson offers: Active Living, Assisted Living, Memory Support, and Respite Care.
- Mountain View Retirement – offers assisted and independent living.For those residents needing an extra helping hand with their activities of daily living, our Assisted Living Certified Caregivers provide both full and partial assisted living services. They offer assistance with activities of daily life and the coordination of services, if necessary, by outside healthcare providers to help to ensure health, safety, and well-being.Mountain View’s focus is on individual wellness, and we encourage continued independence with a tailored plan of assistance, provided by our well-trained team members who are available around the clock, 24-hours a day.
Other amenities include LPN available 24/7, Medication Management, Diabetes Care.
- JEA Senior Living – Located in Tucson, AZ, the Copper Canyon Alzheimer’s Special Care Center is a residential option for those seeking elder care solutions. A member of the JEA Senior Living family of centers, Copper Canyon offers a compassionate design combining assisted living with dementia care. The Copper Canyon model incorporates each resident’s unique life story into its memory care design. Utilizing our distinctive “Meaningful Moments®” approach, the Copper Canyon team provides a warm and meaningful assisted living environment.JEA’s modern and upscale Alzheimer and dementia special care center is already recognized for bringing a true “partner in care” approach for memory care treatment to Southeastern Arizona. Family and friends are members of each resident’s unique specialized team, ensuring an all-important link supported through personal experience and familiarity.
At Total Care Connections we realize that sometimes home care is not the best fit for your loved ones and we are ready to help you find a permanent assisted living residence that will be a safe and comfortable place for years to come. This is a FREE service to families. We will work with you to determine your financial, geographic, and care needs in order to select the very best assisted living facility available.