Steps to Improve Coordination when Relying on Multiple Senior Care Providers near Green Valley, AZ
” One Daughter’s Suggestion in dealing with different Providers near Green Valley, AZ”
Senior Care at home for the elderly may be required due to deteriorating health or just due to the frailty of old age. While hiring senior care services for a loved one, one may not always find a caregiver who can take care of all aspects of support needed by the elderly, especially if medical needs are also involved.
In such a situation, it is best to hire multiple senior care providers. However, this sometimes throws up the challenge of lack of coordination between the different caregivers. And it can be very draining for family members, usually the children of the person who needs care, to coordinate such services especially if they live in another city or state. The worry of being faced with a situation where a task has not been taken care of because it was misunderstood that it was another caregiver’s duty always looms large.
The different types of senior care services one could hire are:
- Healthcare aides – when medical supervision is prescribed by a physician for a particular condition for which ongoing medical help or nursing care is required
- Therapists – for someone who is recovering from a surgery, accident or illness and requires physical, occupational or speech therapy to get back to normal activities
- Homemakers – caregivers who help with personal care such as bathing, dressing, taking medications, helping with meal preparation and other household chores
Various matters pertaining to senior care need to be coordinated, such as taking appointments with the doctor, arranging for transport and accompanying the person to doctor’s appointments, being the liaison between family members & doctors and arranging for day programs for the patient, to name a few. Hence, setting up a coordination mechanism between caregivers is always a good idea.
In the case where more than one caregiver is hired for senior care, the following has to be ensured:
- Introduce the caregivers to each other and help them interact and share what each one will be taking care of
- Based on this, make a list of responsibilities that each caregiver has
- Make a timetable to ensure that each caregiver comes at the specified time and completes his/her duties without interfering with the other
- Make sure the senior loved one knows who will be doing what and reassure him/her that everything will be taken care of
- Assign one caregiver to be in charge of financial transactions that may be required as part of the senior care.
If you or an aging loved on are considering senior care services in the home, please contact the caring staff at Total Care Connections (520) 447-4711. We provide quality Home Care & Assisted Living Placement Serving Tucson, Green Valley, Oro Valley, and Surrounding Areas!