For most seniors, staying at home for as long as possible is the ultimate aging goal. Home care services can provide the support these older adults need to remain healthy and independent while staying in the home they prefer and love. However, how can you know which home care agencies in Colorado Springs is best for your situation?
The good news is that there are multiple home care agencies in Colorado Springs. The bad news is that too many choices can often lead to feeling overwhelmed, confused, or frustrated. We’ve done our due diligence to provide you with a starter list of some of the top agencies in the area.
Each agency below has its own set of strengths and options. Some may work better for your family needs than others, but this list gives you an excellent starting point as you begin to narrow down your choices. The agencies listed are not ranked in any special order, and if we didn’t mention one that you believe is top-notch and locally-owned, please let us know. We are more than happy to add them!
(all information was obtained from the agency’s websites)
- Total Care Connections: Formerly known as Heartfelt at Home, this agency recently joined the Total Care Connections family. Our team is comprised of more than 400 certified caregivers and nursing assistants, each handpicked for their compassion and experience. Services offered include specialized Alzheimer’s care, dementia care, hospice care, joint replacement care, and other services designed to maximize wellness and independence. Our team provides personal care assistance and directed care, offering medical and non-medical services. Total Care Connections is one of the few home care agencies managed by a Director of Nursing who oversees care. We are available when you need us, whether a few hours a week or 24 hours a day. We accept long-term insurance, private pay, and VA benefits. We also offer free assistance for those looking for an assisted living community.
- GoodLife Senior Care: GoodLife Senior Care is a family-owned, local, licensed, non-medical home care agency. They serve the Colorado Springs and surrounding areas and offer services such as personal care assistance, medication reminders, nutritious meal preparation, companionship, housekeeping, and transportation. They provide companionship services in the client’s home, as well as in assisted living communities and skilled nursing facilities. Caregivers are carefully screened, insured, and bonded. Finally, GoodLife offers flexible schedules and does not lock clients into contracts.
- Home Care Assistance of El Paso County: Serving Colorado Springs and the entire El Paso County area, Home Care Assistance offers a variety of services including dementia and Alzheimer’s care, stroke care, Parkinson’s care, and post-hospital care. They are experts in 24-hour live-in care with care managers available around the clock, though schedules are flexible and clients can request a few hours of care or more depending on their needs. Caregivers go through a rigorous screening process that includes a background investigation and psychological test.
- AKOTA Home Care: Family-owned and family-focused since 2011, AKOTA Home Care offers a variety of services to clients throughout the Colorado Springs area. AKOTA prides itself on being experts in case management oversight, which allows clients to enjoy services like scheduling physical therapy and physician appointments, prescription refill management, and safety recommendations. They also provide assisted care services for clients that range from 4 hours per day to 24 hours per day, regular nurse visits, light housekeeping, transportation, food preparation, and dementia care.
- HomeWell Care Services: HomeWell Care Services offer services based on level of care. Your Home Care Manager works with you to determine which level of care might work best for you: companion care, basic care, or specialty care. Frequency of care is also highly customized, with options for hourly care, 24-hour care, live-in care, transitional care, or care for couples. HomeWell also offers special programs like the Life Enrichment and Activity Program, SureStep Fall Protection, and Go HomeWell Post-Medical Program.
- Voyager Home Health Care: Specializing in serving VIP clients, Voyager offers a variety of services to clients including personal care, CNA care, and 24/7 nursing care. They are very open and confident in their costs, posting them directly to their website. Voyager also works with family members through Colorado’s In Home Support Services (IHSS) program.
- Benefit Health Care: Benefit Home Health Care offers medical services. Most services are covered by Medicare or Medicaid and medical care is always done under the supervision of the client’s preferred physician. Services offered include skilled nursing care, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, and medical social work. They also provide services like personal care, homemaking, and companionship.
- Umbrella Home Health Care: Providing services in a variety of settings, including in memory care and assisted living communities, Umbrella Home Health Care offers companionship, dementia care, personal care assistance, transportation, housekeeping, and more. They also provide pet care and respite care. Umbrella is also locally owned.
If you’re curious about how to choose among the best home care agencies in Colorado Springs for your situation, download our free resource, Your Comprehensive Guide for Choosing a Home Care Agency. You’ll find more information about distinguishing between types of services, comparing costs, and questions to ask to ensure you are making your most confident decision.