We all want the best for our loved ones as they get older and need more assistance, but it can be challenging to know where to turn for trustworthy help. To help you in comparing agency information and selecting the home health care agency, Total Care Connections has compiled a list of the Top 13 agencies in Sun City and Sun City West and their offerings. We hope this assists you in choosing the best company to care for your senior family member in maintaining a high-quality of life.
Each agency below has its own set of strengths and options. Some may work better for your family needs than others. We wanted to take some of the legwork out of the search and comparison phase and help you narrow it down make the best decision based on your requirements. We hope you find this list helpful! The agencies listed are not ranked in any special order, and if we didn’t mention one that you believe is top-notch and locally-owned, agency, please let us know. We are more than happy to add them!
(all information was obtained from the agency’s websites)
- Total Care Connections – Our staff is comprised of certified caregivers and nursing assistants. Services offered are Alzheimer’s care, dementia care, hospice care, joint replacement care, to name a few. We also provide supervisory care, personal care, and directed care. Total Care Connections is “one of the few home caregivers managed by a Director of Nursing with care oversight.” Our agency is available for either a couple of hours or 24 hours a day—regardless of when you need us, we’re there for you! There are several methods of payment: long term insurance, private pay, and Veteran’s Administration. We also offer free assistance to help families attempting to locate a permanent assisted living facility.
- Synergy Home Care – Synergy can assist with personal care such as meal planning, medication reminders, arranging appointments, attending doctors’ appointments, light exercise, and more. Each caregiver is bonded and insured, a W-2 employee, experienced and dependable, screened through a national criminal background check and participants in ongoing specialized training. Their quality management program is based on client satisfaction through Home Care Plus, which is a leading quality assurance firm for in-home senior care. In addition, they provide “Life Time” learning, a program designed to aid families in understanding expectations, and is a free service offered to the client or family member. Holiday home care service is also offered.
- Firstlight Homecare – All employees are direct employees. Firstlight offers personalized care plans, client care access, consistent follow through, objective client feedback, 100% satisfaction guarantee, and 24/7 availability. In addition, they offer additional services: senior services, services for those with disabilities, recovery and rehabilitative services, veteran services, and services for busy moms. To assist with any questions, you may connect with their resident nurse, Nurse Becky, who has over 30 years of nursing experience.
- Care From the Heart – With over 35 years of experience in the personal care services, and 24/7 availability, some of their common services include: bathing/dressing assistance, meal preparation, transportation, light housekeeping, laundry, medicine reminders, companionship, incontinence care, and pet service. All employees are staff, licensed, bonded, and insured. They have also all gone through federal criminal and sex offender background checks. The company is certified by the Arizona Care Management CNA. There are no deposits and no contracts.
- Adultcare Assistance Homecare – All caregivers are employees and receive benefits including initial and monthly training. To ensure the quality of their caregivers, this agency conducts ongoing training and supervision, scheduled and unscheduled supervision of caregivers, complete background checks – including fingerprinting, Arizona Department of Public Safety clearance card requirement, and drug screening program to name a few. Presently, their rates are: Care by Visit: $89/visit; Hourly Home Care: $27/hour; 24-hour home care: $599-648/day. Holiday caregiver rate is time-and-a-half.
- Sun Cities CareGivers – Seniors can depend on Sun Cities CareGivers to provide home care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Some of the services they provide include personal care, household chores, transportation to appointments, exercises, and proper nutrition. In addition, they provide companion care, personal care, certified nurses’ aides and live-in care. All caregivers are employees and paid by Sun Cities CareGivers and are bonded, insured, background checked (both references and criminal checks), social security verified, licenses and certifications verified and have CPR/first aid training. Sun Cities CareGivers maintains workers compensation and liability insurance. Payment for services is due on receipt of bi-weekly billing. MasterCard, Visa and American Express are accepted.
- Home Instead Senior Care – Their motto is, “To us, it’s personal.” Home Instead offers personal care, meals & nutrition, transportation, respite care, hospice care support, Alzheimer’s and other dementia care, as well as care for arthritis, diabetes and Parkinson’s. Their employees are drug screened, bonded and insured, and receive ongoing training. Also, they have a commitment to diversity. Forms of payment in long term disability insurance and veteran’s benefits. Their rates are outlined on their website.
- Angels Care Health – is a Medicare-certified home health agency that is managed by AngMar Medical Holdings, Inc., a privately held family company based in Mansfield, Texas. They provide skilled nursing care, restorative therapy, and medical social services to patients in their homes or wherever they may reside, including assisted living facilities and retirement communities. Disease management programs include, but not limited to, chronic heart failure, COPD, diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, and Alzheimer’s disease. In addition, they offer nursing services, therapists, home health aides, medical social workers, to name a few.
- Care Minders Sun City – Provides non-medical home care. The services they provide include personal care, companion care, long term chronic care, and short term assistance. Their care providers specialize in patient transfers, family communication, communicating with Dementia patients, and exceptional ethics. All staff members are insured and bonded. They accept all long term care insurance policies.
- Visiting Angels – Specializes in senior homecare, in-home care, elderly care, Dementia care, Alzheimer’s care and more. The services include home care, companion care, personal care, palliative care and respite care. Some of the home care services include bathing assistance, dressing and grooming, grocery shopping, running errands, medication reminders, and meal preparation. Visiting Angels also provides long-distance caregiving services.
- Arizona’s Best Homecare – is a family owned and operated company that provides hourly/long term/24 hour/holiday/weekend/respite care. Their staff is licensed and bonded, drug screened, and screened by an independent company. They offer personal, companion and specialty care which includes care for clients that have Alzheimer’s, dementia, Parkinson’s disease, or multiple sclerosis. This agency accepts long term insurance plans and payment may be made by cash, check, or credit card via PayPal.
- Bright Star Care – Provides companion care, personal care, senior care, transitional care, in-home nursing, and child care (caregivers are fully-screened, certified, licensed, and trained to help with anything from respite sitter services and flexible sick-day child care to 24-hour special needs care and pediatric nursing.). They employ trained and experienced nurses and each certified caregiver must have a minimum of one year of experience.
- Home Helpers Homecare – is a locally owned and operated provider of companion care, personal care, Alzheimer’s and Dementia care, homemaker’s care, and respite care to seniors in the Sun City area. Their staff is experienced, well trained, insured, and are background checked. To supplement their service, they also provide a monitoring service that includes an alert system.